Sunday 17 January 2010

An Introduction

Hi. I'm Faye. I'm a second year student based in Norfolk, and am an Auxiliary Nurse/Healthcare Assistant in one of the hospitals I train in. My ambition is to become a consultant in Emergency Medicine, followed by becoming a Doctor on a HEMS aircraft. I'm stubborn and opinionated but I care a hell of a lot. I work hard (or at least, I like to think I do) and I am determined to achieve my ambition.


This blog is my third, having previously had 2 under pseudonyms. This time, I intend to be completely honest about everything I write. I will still change identities to protect the confidentiality of any patients I may mention, but other than that I intend to keep everything as near to the truth as possible.


This blog will be my place to rant and moan, discuss things, write down what I'm thinking and feeling, what I've done, what I'm doing and what I intend to do and am going to do. It's primarily for me, but feel free to read. I like sharing with people. I've seen first hand the power of the internet and what it can do for people, and believe it is a very powerful tool.


Feel free to join in with anything I discuss, and feel free to send me any requests for posts. I won't offer medical advice, I'm not trained to do that yet, but I am happy to offer advice on getting into Medical School. After all, I didn't go through it that long ago.


Anyway, enough of my rambling. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy what's to come.


Faye x

2 comments:

  1. Heya, was wondering if you could let us know why your interested in Emergency Medicine? Anyway welcome to the blogosphere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that was going to be my next post! Keep watching out for it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, however comments are moderated.