Tuesday 2 February 2010

Nerves

As I'm doing a cardiovascular placement in the hospital at the moment, part of this encompasses stroke medicine. In August my grandmother had a massive stroke, and as a result will be in a nursing home for the rest of her life. Because of this, I'm really nervous about this week's placement with the stroke team.


I worked on the stroke unit at the end of August once I'd come back to university. I thought I'd be fine and able to distance myself and to cope with it all. I was wrong, and I spent most of the day hiding my tears from the other members of staff. I was able to do my job, but I struggled to keep composed when I had a spare moment. I have a fair amount of free time this week. 2 hours a day is scheduled into our timetables. I'm worrying that I'll break down and be a mess. I'm hoping that I won't. In any case, this is the reason I'm still awake right now.


I guess I'll just have to take each day as it comes and keep on going.

2 comments:

  1. Take care, hope it goes as well as it can do for you this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything goes ok for you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, however comments are moderated.