Sunday 29 August 2010

Getting Left Behind and Vanishing...

It's been a little over a month since I last blogged, and it's not been the best of months which is why I've not been blogging, although I'm still around on twitter. My grandad's been really ill and has been in and out of hospital and generally a big worry for me. My sisters got A level and GCSE results. No idea how my sister's A levels went and I don't dare ask but my baby sister did fantastically in her GCSEs so I'm really proud of her. I've come back to university for a couple of weeks because I've had some clinical placement hours to make up from when I was ill and things were strained at home because my mum's been so stressed.

It's generally been quite lonely because my friends I had at home have all moved on and the few friends I have at university have been home for the summer. I kind of feel like everyone is moving on and leaving me behind. I'm still the same shy, insecure person I was when I was at school. I'm still permanently doubting myself and my abilities, and it feels like life is passing me by and that I'm missing out on things that should be normal for someone my age, like going out with friends and just actually enjoying university life.

I also feel like i'm being left behind in terms of the blogging world too. I used to have a really fab blog but now, it seems like it's pointless. I have little motivation to write because I get little back from this blog now. The number of comments have dwindled and I just don't think it's worth the effort any more. It seems more successful and popular blogs have more popular people behind them and they're streaks ahead of me. Let's face it, who wants to read this when you can read blogs by people like Mark Glencorse and Stuart Gray? I guess I'm just going to have to decide whether I want to even blog any more, because quite frankly, it just doesn't seem worth it, and too many people keep trying to shoot me down and stop me blogging.

4 comments:

  1. Remember, you blog for you, not for us. If you don't feel you're getting anything out of it then stop, but I think you'll want to come back to it one day.

    If you've got something random to say, but it's too long for Twitter, why not make it a blog post. That's what I've been trying to do and it's helping me get back on the blogging horse. Not every post has to be a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I should be blogging for me but I want other people to get something out of it too and it just doesn't feel like it has a point any more. Getting the same feelings with Twitter most of the time too. Guess I'm just feeling really alone and unappreciated right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are appreciated, my dear. Your blog posts are for you, and no one else. Those of us reading them should actually feel privileged that we may see a little more into your life and your studies. *hugs* from iglooland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey,
    maybe you should try being a bit regular like. once a week. don't think about other people's blogs. people work to keep their blogs like that. you have to first decide what you want out of a blog.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, however comments are moderated.