Friday 24 December 2010

Dear Father Christmas

Dear Father Christmas,

I've tried to be good this year. I've made some new friends, attempted to make peace with some I fell out with, and made an effort to keep in touch with old friends along the way. I've looked after my grandad when he's been ill, I carried out the promises I made to him and visited my grandma and passed my exams. I've tried to be nice to my sisters, even they've made me want to tear my hair out, and I've helped my mother when she's asked for it. I've worked hard and got the marks I've deserved, and I'm finally accepting my health problems.

So, in return, please may I have:
  • Some extra spoons - they'll be needed in the New Year
  • Some help with this awful Student Finance screw up
  • A couple of friends at University - being alone is so hard sometimes
  • Some extra space in my brain for all the stuff I need to know
  • New ways of learning things that works for me and sticks - I'm struggling
  • And some acceptance from friends, colleagues, the medical school and my family of my illness and of me as a person.

Thank you for reading this, whether you can fulfil it or not.

Truffle

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, however comments are moderated.